For us, it's always the season for Cornbread! In this recipe have some fun with changing out the loaf pan for a skillet. This classic slice of corn heaven will be the perfect side for salads and spring picnics!
yields 8-10 slices
You will need:
- 1 box of Cherryvale Farms Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup (1stick) melted butter (vegan or dairy)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Lightly spray a 9"cast iron skillet with oil.
- Combine all the cornbread mix, melted butter, and water. Stir until thick batter forms, and then gently fold in corn. If you're using canned corn make sure to drain before adding.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet.
- Bake on center rack for 25-27 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan, comes out clean and edges are slightly crispy.
- Allow cornbread to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing into triangles. Best served warm, with or without some butter of your choice.