When it comes to fruit pairings we think these two are at the top of the list! Add some citrus deliciousness to this weeks recipe using our Blueberry Muffin Mix, orange juice and of course, fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Orange Bread
Yields 1 standard loaf
You will need:
- 1 box of Cherryvale Farms Blueberry Muffin Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted butter (vegan or dairy)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare the loaf pan by greasing with butter and flour, or spraying with oil.
- In a small bowl toss the blueberries and flour until they are coated. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan while baking.
- Combine the muffin mix, melted butter, water and orange juice in a mixing bowl. Then, gently fold in the blueberries and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and gently tap on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake on center rack for 50-60 min, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan before enjoying.