We love a good cupcake. And a banana cupcake?! Get outta town! They're sweet, they're fluffy, they're wayyyyy healthier than basic cupcakes and you can frost them with anything you want, like this lavender sprinkle frosting.
All you'll need for these yummy cupcakes is our Banana Bread Mix, some bananas, frosting and sprinkles. Great for a weekend baking activity with the kiddos. Have fun baking!
Banana Lavender Mini Cupcakes
yields about 24 mini cupcakes
You will need:
- 1 box of Cherryvale Farms Banana Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 bananas (plus one extra for topping cupcakes, if desired)
- 1 jar pre-made vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup lavender sprinkles
- 1 tsp lavender flavoring/oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare muffins by combining Banana Bread Mix, oil, water, and mashed bananas, forming a thick batter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, and bake on center rack for 12-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside and let cool completely.
- While muffins cool, prepare frosting. Blend one tub of your favorite vanilla frosting with a teaspoon lavender flavoring (optional) and lavender sprinkles. Use a piping bag or spoon to top each muffin.
- Top frosted muffins with a fresh slice of banana. To prevent from browning, if not serving immediately, dip the banana slices in a little lemon juice after slicing.
- Enjoy muffins immediately, and refrigerate for up to a few days if needed.