What's better than breakfast in bed? Nothing! That's right, breakfast in bed is that little luxury that's the ultimate treat. But even if you can't get it together for breakfast in bed, you can still have an amazing breakfast with this Banana Bread French Toast made with our easy peasy Banana Bread Mix.
You will need:
- 1 box of Cherryvale Farms Banana Bread Mix (day old works best)
- 1 cup your choice of milk (soy, almond, dairy, etc.)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
- Optional toppings: coconut whipped cream, powdered sugar, fresh strawberries
- Cut baked banana bread into one inch wide slices.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, cinnamon, flaxseed, and vanilla.
- Heat oil In a skillet or griddle pan. Oil should cover the bottom of pan entirely.
- Dip each piece of banana bread into milk mixture, and flip once and ensure bread has been soaked evenly on both sides.
- Add banana bread to skillet and cook each side for up to five minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle hot french toast with maple syrup or your favorite toppings.