We don't remember any rule about how you get your apple a day, do you?
Mix it up with this tasty Baked Apple Donuts recipe using our Blueberry Muffin Mix and treat your family to this delicious combination of apples, cinnamon, and sugary goodness!
You will need:
- 1 box Cherryvale Farms Blueberry Muffin Mix
- ¾ cup water or apple cider
- ¾ cup melted butter, divided (vegan or dairy)
- 1 cup very finely chopped apples
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Aluminum foil if using a muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or spray a muffin pan or bakable donut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine Blueberry Muffin Mix packet, water/apple cider, 1/2 cup melted butter, and apples in a bowl and mix until combined.
- If using a muffin pan, create the donut 'hole' to shape your donuts by rolling a small piece or foil into a cylinder and placing it i the center of each muffin cup, then fill the muffin cups with half the mix, reserving the rest for a second muffin pan. If using a bakable donut pan, grease and fill donut cups to top (you'll need to do two batches).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the donuts are golden around the edges and cooked through in the middle. Let the donuts cool slightly, then dip in cinnamon sugar coating.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour the remaining melted butter (1/4 cup) in a separate bowl.
- Dip both sides of each donut in the butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve immediately, warm from the oven and crisp with cinnamon and sugar!