Now, I know a lot of you are way into the whole vegan-raw-gluten-free-egg-free-salt-free-sugar-free-don't-you-dare-eat-it-if-it-comes-out-of-a-box craze. I get it, I really do. Sometimes we just need to detox.
And then other times we need silky, yummy, sweet deliciousness in our bellies. I mean, Fall is upon us, right? Cooler nights just call for some comforting sweetness.
Luckily, this recipe satisfies both of those needs. Feast your eyes on my Vanilla Chia Pudding!
This will probably be the easiest pudding you ever make, and also probably the healthiest. Just a few ingredients, blended together and fridged overnight is all is takes to make this divine (and healthy!) dessert. Though you could eat it for breakfast too....not that I did. No, not me!
Vanilla Chia Pudding
Makes 2 servings. Will keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 1 cup light coconut milk (you can also use the full fat kind)
- 1 cup soy milk (a oat or nut milk would work fine also)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar (you can omit this if you'd like a less sweet recipe)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Place all ingredients, except chia seeds, in a blender. Blend until dates have reduced to tiny pieces. Remove mixture to a lidded bowl or mason jar and stir in chia seeds. Cover or seal container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before enjoying.
It's really that easy! And great for kids!