Yesterday the East Bay Food Swap hosted a great swap at the Mini Make Faire in Oakland, CA. I would liken the Mini Maker Faire to Burning Man...but for kids. Which is about as weird and cool as you're envisioning. And we'll leave it at that.
- Pickled dilly beans with garlic
- Fresh corn tortillas
- Salsa verde
- Quince & Hibiscus Jam (which I devoured later that day with crackers and cream cheese)
- Meyer Lemon Green Tea & Honey Jelly (can't wait to drop some of this on a cracker with tea)
- Apple Butter (which is about as dark and creamy as you can get, yum!)
- Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- Half peaches preserved in light syrup
- Bear Claw Bread (which is now half eaten but I am fully consumed with guilt for eating)
Big thanks to Kendra for arranging this great swap! She couldn't make it due to a cold but was there in homemade spirit!