Pumpkin Brownie Cake with Frosting & Walnuts
You Will Need:
- One box Cherryvale Farms Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix
- One box Cherryvale Farms Chocolate Brownie Mix
- One can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (for Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil + 1/4 cup water (for Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter + 1/3 cup water (for Chocolate Brownie Mix)
- 1 tub of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Grease a 9x11 inch glass casserole dish (metal works fine too, though cooking time may be shorter).
Prepare Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix according to directions on box (simply mix with one 15 oz. can pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/4 cup water). Set aside.
Prepare Chocolate Brownie Mix according to directions on box (simply mix with 1/2 cup vegan butter and 1/3 cup water - reserve chopped walnuts to scatter on top of Brownie layer). Set aside.
Take half of Pumpkin Spice Bread batter and spread evenly on bottom of prepared casserole dish.
Next, layer all of Chocolate Brownie Mix batter on top of pumpkin layer.
Sprinkle brownie layer with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (any nuts are fine if you prefer something else).
Next, spread remaining half of Pumpkin Spice Bread batter evenly on top.
Bake at 375 for 50 - 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into bottom layer of pumpkin bread comes out clean.
Let cool completely, then top with your favorite vanilla frosting and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Cut into squares and serve to your friends and family! Enjoy!